There’s always a chance that Santa will leave a special gift for you under the tree which may run Windows 8.1 (a new laptop perhaps?). Remember this article! You can set up your mail while you are on the Christmas recess on your new electronic or portable device!
Read the attached directions for step by step instructions on connecting to your email using Windows 8.
Also, if you use myVPN, you can find these step-by-step instructions at
M:\Offices\Shared\Windows 8 setup instructions\How to connect Windows 8 Mail to MCC’s Email Server.docx
To get to the M drive via myMCC, do the following:
1. Go to mymcc.monroecc.edu and log in using your username only and your network password.
2. Click the “Tech” tab
3. On the left side of the page, in the box entitled “Technology Links,” find “MyVPN – Home Access” Click that link.
4. Log in using your username only and your network password
5. On the left side (in the gray area), click “Home”
6. Under the MCC Logo, you will see a clickable link that says “M drive” – Click it.
7. Log in using your username only and your network password
8. Go to Offices, then to Shared
9. Go to page 8 of 8
10. Click on the folder that says “Windows 8 setup instructions”
11. Set up your email using the step by step instructions provided in that document (with screen shots)
If you experience difficulties with any of these processes please call Tech Support at 292-TECH (8324) option 1, then 2 or submit a trouble ticket using myMCC, Tech Tab, and then click on “Report a Technology Problem to TECH.
Ask Tech Support aspires to publish a weekly article with your questions. Send your questions to us at "mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org". We will pick one each week for the next publication of “Ask Tech Support.”
Communications and Network Services
How to connect Windows 8 Mail to MCC's Email Server.docx