MCC Daily Tribune Archive

Timekeepers Re: Student Employment

I.      All non Federal Work Study student employment assignments will be turned off at the end of the fiscal year August 31, 2006. A Student Aide Authorization form should be completed for all students being charged to your 2006/2007 budget. Forms are available in Human Resources.

II. Student Aide Authorization form should be completed with the assignment end date of any students who will not be on your 2006/2007 budget.

III If you will be looking for new students aides for fall, please call Cynthia @ 2048. We will place your position description on the list we maintain to be given to students seeking employment.

IV. When you hire NEW student employees that will be charged to your department budget (not Federal Work Study student aides through the Financial Aid Office) you will complete an authorization form and this must come to the Human Resources Office BEFORE they start working to complete their payroll forms so they can get paid.

          V. Please Note Minimum Wage will be increased Effective September 1, 2006 to $7.15 per hr. New Student Aide Authorization Forms are available on the Web Via MCC Forms On-Line/Human Resources/Student Aide Authorization.  

If you have any questions on student employment please call Cynthia at 2048.

Cynthia Clark Inman
Human Resources