In Monday’s Tribune announcement it was not specified that the Web Re-Design Project is seeking INTERNAL candidates for their Communication Planning Strategist and Content Creator positions. We encourage all MCC employees (including Adjuncts) interested in these temporary assignments to apply.
* 10-15 hours/week (April 2014 – March 2015).
* Meets with project teams to assess communication needs.
* Creates project communication plan.
* Crafts communications to keep College community informed and involved in project.
* Suggests and uses best channels to deliver communications, which may include blog posts, presentations, emails,
Daily Tribune posts, training documentation, etc.
* Coordinates communication events (Brown Bags, etc.).
* Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related area required; or Associate’s degree and extensive related experience.
* Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or related professional experience.
* Familiarity with higher education required; familiarity with MCC strongly preferred.
* Strong strategic planning, strong written and oral communication skills along with excellent time management and coordination.
* Comfort using technology such as MS Office, PowerPoint, image editing software, WordPress/blog editing platform.
* 35 hours/week (April/May 2014 – Spring 2015).
* Works with content areas/departments across the College to assess and plan for Web content needs.
* Gathers content and synthesizes into content appropriate for target audiences and expression through available channels.
* Creates sitemaps for content areas (as needed) based on master area “roadmaps.”
* Writes text for web.
* Selects and prepares images for web.
* Determines when video and other media are appropriate for content, and works with project team to create.
* Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related area required; or Associate’s degree and extensive relevant experience.
* Experience with Web writing and content creation for marketing purposes.
* Familiarity with higher education preferred.
* Strong written and oral communication, excellent interpersonal, time and project management, and coordination skills.
* Experience with Web planning, information architecture and hierarchy.
* Experience writing and creating content for search engine optimization.
* Strong editorial skills and understanding of brand, audience, voice, tone, content modalities.
* Experience with Web content management system preferred.
* Comfort using technology such as MS Office, Photoshop, social media, etc.
Resumes must be submitted to April Hill, Human Resources by close of business on Friday, April 11 for immediate consideration.
April M. Hill