Social networking sites (e.g., Facebook®, Youtube®), are used widely but we must learn how to be safe on such sites. While these sites can increase your circle of friends, they also can increase your exposure to people with less-than-friendly intentions. Learn how to help your kids - and other family members - socialize online safely.
What can you do to protect yourself?
For more information, please visit:
- Make sure your computer is protected before visiting sites (Anti-Virus Updates).
- Do not assume you are in a trusted environment.
- Be cautious in how much personal information you provide.
- Use common sense when communicating with users you DO know.
- Use common sense when communicating with users you DON'T know.
- Understand what information is collected and shared.
- Make sure you know what sites your child is visiting
MS-ISAC Monthly Newsletter Tips - Social Networking Sites
US-CERT Cyber Security Tips - Staying Safe on Social Networking Sites
Communications and Network Services