MCC Daily Tribune
Receptions & Talks for Mercer Gallery Exhibit: Monica Jane Frisell - Looking Forward/Portraits from an RV
Monica Jane Frisell - Looking Forward/Portraits from an RV, photographs and collected stories by Monica Jane Frisell
- Mercer Gallery Exhibit: October 5 - November 2, 2017
- Opening Reception: Thursday, October 5, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Gallery Talk: Wednesday, October 4, at 12:00 p.m.
- Tours of the RV's dark room: Saturday, October 7, 9 a.m.-noon, MCC parking lot G
- October 7 gallery reception and talk: 2:00 p.m.
All events are free and open to the public.
This exhibition documents Frisell's 6831-mile journey during which she gathered portraits and stories from around the country while traveling in an RV with her dog Lucy. During this time, Frisell essentially formed a community of the people who came in contact with her RV. Through her work, she connects people who would otherwise be unable to meet.
Mercer Gallery, Brighton Campus, Bldg. 12, Room 114