This workshop is currently full. All registered participants received a confirmation email. If you would like to be on our waitlist, please RSVP to Gena Merliss: <mailto:email@example.com
Do you lead professional development for faculty or staff? Would you like to? The TCC is always looking for people to facilitate conversations, workshops for adjunct faculty, reading groups, faculty inquiry groups, First and Second Year Faculty Series, and sessions at the Winter Teaching Institute and June Teaching and Learning Conference. This workshop is designed to broaden our pool of high quality facilitators.
Designing and Facilitating Adult Learning and Development
Strong, responsive facilitation is not all we need to support adults as they learn – the design of that learning is equally important. And if we believe that adults all come with the capacity to do the work involved in learning, it becomes critically important that we create designs that maximally support them.
During the workshop, we will:
* Explore assumptions – our own and others - about how adults learn.
* Consider principles of adult learning and apply them to a learning design.
* Evaluate the role of adult learning tasks in promoting authentic accountability.
* Analyze and apply eight steps of design.
* Consider the role of constructivist adult development as we design adult learning
* Develop and receive feedback on a professional learning agenda.
* Problem-solve common facilitation challenges
Monroe Community College Faculty and Staff
Monday and Tuesday
June 12 and 13, 2017
8:30am – 4:30pm
Please plan to attend the whole workshop.
Please RSVP to Gena Merliss: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org