MCC Daily Tribune
May is Mental Health Awareness Month!
May is Mental Health Awareness Month
The Counseling Center is offering confidential, online mental health screenings in May to promote mental health awareness month. Screenings will be available on the Terrace on the following dates:
- Tuesday, May 16th 11:30-2:00
- Thursday, May 18th 11:30-2:00
We will also have counselors available to answer questions and provide information and resources during that time. Please join us! Here are some typical signs that may occur when experiencing anxiety or depressive symptoms:
- Difficulty relaxing
- A change in sleeping or eating habits
- Feeling sad, hopeless, tired or run down
- Difficulty concentrating or getting motivated
- Unexplained headaches or body aches
If you are experiencing these symptoms, please join us for our screening sessions or stop by the counseling center for more information.
The Counseling Center
For Mental Health Emergencies:
For Counseling Center assistance during the regular hours of operation, Monday-Friday 8:45am-4:45pm, please call 585-292-2030.
In case of an emergency, immediately contact the following resources:
* On-campus Public Safety (585) 292-2911
* Lifeline (585) 275-5151
* Mobile Crisis (585) 529-3721
Mental Health Awareness trib 2017.pdf
Counseling Center and Services for Students with Disabilities