For over two years, MCC has been in the process of converting from the SCT Plus system to the Banner system. During the next 6-9 months, the migration to the new Banner system will become more apparent to MCC students as the Banner Admissions, Student Records, Catalog, Master Schedule, etc., and Financial Aid modules are implemented.
Banner Financial Aid will Go-live in February 2006 in preparation for the first MCC student registration and financial aid packaging of students on Banner for the Summer 2006 semester. Melissa Barbara, MCC Banner Financial Aid team leader, and her entire Banner team are on target for the upcoming Financial Aid implementation.
For students who are applying for and receiving financial aid beginning with the 2006-07 academic year, there will be many changes in the way that the Financial Aid Office processes financial aid and communicates with students and applicants.
Under the Banner Financial Aid system, MCC students can expect the following:
- Students will be assigned a new Banner Student ID
- Increased communication between the Financial Aid Office and students will be made via e-mail
- Automatic packaging of Federal Direct Student Loans and Federal Work-Study awards will occur
- Online acceptance of financial aid awards will be implemented
- There will be improved online access to student Financial Aid information, such as:
o Status of application
o Missing information
o Award information
The MCC Financial Aid Office will provide more detailed information regarding these Banner Financial Aid system changes throughout the 2005-06 year.
For additional information on the MCC Banner project, please visit the MCC Banner web page: https://web.monroecc.edu/MCCBanner or contact Marie Fetzner, assistant to the VP, ETS/Banner project manager, at <mailto:email@example.com>.
ETS VP Office