MCC Daily Tribune Archive

Parking and Transit Expenses

Just a reminder that if you are spending money on parking or public transportation, you should consider setting up a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) to set aside pre-tax dollars to cover parking and transit expenses.  An FSA account for parking and transit expenses can be established at any time during the year, unlike the Health and Dependent Care FSA which can only be set up during open enrollment.

An additional benefit of setting aside funds in a Parking and Transit FSA is that funds roll form one year to the next.  So if you don’t use the full amount set aside, you don’t lose any of your money.  A new form must be completed each year in order to have the remaining funds in your account roll to the next year. 

For anyone who currently has a parking and transit FSA you must complete a new form each year and submit it to Human Resources before November 30 in order to ensure funds roll into the next year. 

A Parking and Transit Flexible Spending form is attached and can also be found on the MCC Home Page/Employees/Forms/HR. 

If you have questions, please call Human Resources, 292-2048. 

The Human Resources Team
Human Resources

icon Flex Parking Enrollment Form.pdf