MCC Daily Tribune
Walk-ins Welcome at 5K on Saturday!
We hope you will join us tomorrow and celebrate MCC's Homecoming with a 5K Walk/Run for Scholarships, Tailgate Party, Tribunes soccer matches and an alumni photography exhibit in the Mercer Gallery.
The festivities begin at 9:30 a.m. at the Brighton Campus when check-in opens for the 5K walk/run. Didn't have a chance to register? Walk-ins are welcome! Come early and check out the caricature artist, face painting, chair massages, photo area, children's activities, Zumba warm up and more.
A percentage of sales will support student scholarships when you purchase Dippin' Dots ice cream, Duke's Donuts, a tutu or visit our vendors: Ann's Cool Wood Jewelry, Tamika Turner Skin Care, Jay Hyland Jewelry and Hannah's Crafts and Gifts.
The race starts at 11 a.m., followed by the Tailgate Party and lunch at 11:30 a.m. Lunch tickets may be purchased for $5. At 12:30 p.m. award winners will be announced and the scholarship drawing will take place.
Cheer on our MCC soccer teams as they play Essex County College, the Lady Tribunes play at 11 a.m. followed by the men at 2:30 p.m. Lastly, visit the Mercer Gallery to view photography by MCC alumni and attend the gallery talk at 2 p.m.
Please use this link to join our event chairs in supporting the 13th Annual 5K Walk/Run for Scholarships if you have not done so already:
- Dr. Jeffrey P. Bartkovich, Vice President ETS (retired), Retiree Co-Chair
- Peter M. Brunett '78, Instructor, Public Safety Training Facility Co-Chair
- John J. Delate, Associate Vice President, Student Services, Brighton Campus Co-Chair
- Dr. Joel Frater, Executive Dean, Downtown Campus Co-Chair
- Jodi M. Oriel '93, Associate Director, Office of Student Life and Leadership, Alumni Co-Chair
- Dan Raimondo, Director, Campus Events, Applied Technologies/EDWIS Co-Chair
- Margy and Paul Richards, Owners, PCR Timing, Community Co-Chairs
- Eric Strong '97, General Motors and A-TAP Automotive Instructor, Applied Technologies/EDWIS Co-Chair
We thank you for your continued support!