MCC Daily Tribune
TCC: Winter Teaching Institute Open House - Call for Proposals - Deadline extended to 11/13
This year's Winter Teaching Institute (Small Teaching for Equity-Minded Educators) will be held on January 13, 2021 in a virtual format through Zoom. As in previous years, we will have an opening speaker followed by a series of workshops. This year, all our workshops will be related to equity-minded teaching practices centered around the book Small Teaching by James Lang (stay tuned for more details!)
New this year! Due to the flexibility of the online format, we also want to offer afternoon Open House sessions (30 min time slots between 1 - 4pm) to learn about services or initiatives at MCC. Do you have something to share with the college community and would like the TCC to advertise your session as part of the WTI Open House?
If yes: Please sign up for a time slot using the Eventbrite link below by Friday, November 13th, 2020. The Eventbrite survey will ask you to:
- Sign up for a time slot (30 minute time slots between 1-4pm on 1/13/21)
- Provide a Title of your session
- Provide a brief description of the session
Eventbrite Sign up: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/winter-teaching-institute-afternoon-open-house-call-for-proposals-tickets-125369761331
What to Expect:
- We will contact you to provide us with your own Zoom link to include in the WTI advertisement
- Plan to give a brief overview on your topic of choice and allow time for Q and A after
- Record your session and we will upload it to the TCC Blackboard page after the event
If you have questions, please email Erin Strobl (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Winter Teaching Institute Planning Committee