The 2015 Monroe Community College United Way campaign begins Monday, March 9th!
As our community's college, MCC recognizes the role it plays in changing the lives of students in our region. In much the same way, the United Way of Greater Rochester assists to change the lives of many of our relatives, neighbors and friends who live in our community. Here is what YOU as a donor helped to do in our community through the MCC United Way Campaign in 2014:
* Babies and New Parents (111) – learned about positive parenting, they got to keep their little ones healthy and helped to teach their kids how to read
* Kids (144) – had higher GPAs than their peers, attended more days of school and helped them to be more likely to graduate
* Seniors (1,152) – got hot meals and saw friendly faces and they had transportation to health and social services
* Calls for help with basics (5,335) - for emergency food, shelter to overcome major challenges, and they received legal assistance to help avoid foreclosure
Our campaign begins with a kick-off event hosted by Food for Thought and WMCC the Fuse: March 9th, noon- 12:50 pm in the Flynn Campus Center Atrium and at DCC 4th floor Atrium, on Tuesday, March 10th from noon – 12:50 pm. Please join us for food, music, “division change challenge” and prizes!
The “division change challenge” will go on for the first week of the campaign and the reward will be a Dress Down Day for the division that collects the most change! If you want to win this challenge, you can get started sending your best fundraisers to the campaign kick-off on March 9th in the Brighton Campus Atrium Noon – 12:30pm or the DCC Atrium 4th Floor on March 10th from Noon – 12:30pm. The person who raises the most change in that half an hour blitz will receive a United Way T-shirt….perfect for the Dress Down Day they are hoping to win. All change raised in the challenge will be added to the individual Divisions totals, giving you a jump start to the weeks collection!
All funds raised will go towards MCC’s donation to the United Way’s Community Fund. The Community Fund is the largest pool of financial gifts collected through the annual fundraising campaign and helps solve our community's most critical health and human service needs.
MCC United Way Campaign runs from March 9th - April 17th:
- Campaign Kick-off event: March 9th at the Brighton Campus and March 10th at the DCC Campus
- Division Change Challenge March 9th – March 13th!
Together Let’s Change the World!
Julianna Frisch, Kimberley Willis, Marie Gibson
2015 MCC United Way Campaign