Stay up to date with the League for Innovation in the Community College by visiting their website for this month’s League Connections. August highlights include:
- Leadership Abstracts: Adaptability and Authenticity as a Product of Courage.
- Learning Abstracts: Faculty Orientations Toward Instructional Reform.
- Innovation Showcase: An In-Class Interaction Designed to Promote Student Understanding of Monetary Policy.
- Call for Manuscripts: The League maintains an open call for manuscripts for its monthly digital publications, “Leadership Abstracts,” “Learning Abstracts,” and “Innovation Showcase.” The editorial staff invites community college educators to share effective, innovative practices, processes, strategies, and programs with the field through brief articles (1,500 to 2,000 words). Visit the post link below for prospective author guidelines.
- Member Spotlight: Year in Review: 2013-2014. Also, learn how MCC can be featured in Member Spotlight.
- Projects: Next Generation Learning Challenges Regional Funds for Breakthrough Schools.
- Featured Video: Teaching with the Brain in Mind: What Neuroscience Can– and Cannot – Tell Us About How Students Learn.
- Check out upcoming events, resources, and opportunities from the League’s partners and friends.
- And more!
For the complete post, go to: https://www.league.org/publication/leagueconnections/LC201408.cfm.
Lloyd Holmes, Vice President