MCC Daily Tribune
Downtown Campus - Heart Walk Saturday, April 6th
Downtown Campus - Saturday, April 6, 2019 - Heart Walk - Parking Update - Temporary Street Closures
Students, faculty and staff coming to the Downtown Campus on Saturday, April 6, 2019 will find our neighborhood filled with excitement and enthusiasm as participants in the annual Heart Walk gather outside Frontier Field for the 9:00am start and post Walk celebration.
The Rochester Police Department will temporarily close the following Downtown Campus streets to provide a safe environment for the Heart Walk and members of the College community.
The following Downtown Campus area streets will close at 5:00 am:
• Morrie Silver Way from Oak St. to Verona St.
• Oak St. from Morrie Silver Way to Brown St.
The following area streets will close at 8:45 am:
• Verona St. from Morrie Silver Way Oak St. to Brown St.
• Plymouth Ave. from Main St. to Brown St.
• Inner Loop from State St. to Plymouth Ave.
• State St. (Local traffic only) between Andrews St. and Main St.
Students, faculty, staff, and visitors may refer to the following guide for parking at the Downtown Campus on Saturday, April 6.
• MCC Lot AA (located across Morrie Silver Way from the main entrance to the campus)
o Lot AA will be OPEN for parking for students, faculty, staff and Heart Walk participants
o Lot AA will not be accessible after 8:30 am until about 12:00 pm due to area road closureso Vehicles parked in Lot AA will be permitted to exit the parking lot throughout the event by turning right onto Morrie Silver Way
• MCC Lot BB (located next to the campus on State St., just south of the Kodak Tower)
o Lot BB will be available all day to employees. The entrance to the lot is on State St.
• MCC Lot CC (located across Morrie Silver Way from Frontier Field, surrounded by orange barriers)
o YOUR BEST OPTION!
o Lot CC will be accessible by first entering Kodak Lot D (this is because Morrie Silver Way will be closed at 5:00 am between Oak St. and N. Plymouth Ave.)
o Enter Kodak Lot D from Brown St. You are welcome to park in Kodak Lot D or continue driving through the lot into the area surrounded by the orange barriers. The area enclosed by the barriers is MCC Lot CC.
o You will be able to enter and exit MCC Lot CC and Kodak Lot D at Brown St. all day.
• UNDERGROUNG GARAGE
o The Underground Garage is open, but will not be accessible due to road closing on Saturday after 8:30am through about 12pm. Vehicles already in the garage at 8:30am will be able to exit onto State St. throughout the day.
Public Safety Officers will be on site to assist with parking and directions.
Please refer to the attached documents:
• MCC Lot CC and Kodak Lot D - a map showing directions to the Brown St. entrance
• A listing of all street closures for this event
• Heart Walk Route
RTS Riders: for more information, detour routes, and Downtown boarding locations, please call customer service at 288-1700 or visit www.RGRTA.com.
If you have any questions, please contact MCC Public Safety at (585) 292-2912.
For additional information about the Heart Walk visit https://www2.heart.org/site/TR?fr_id=3018&pg=entry
Heart Walk-Kodak Lot D and MCC Lot CC Parking.pdf
Route Map_2019 Heart Walk Run.pdf
The 5k walk Street Closures Heart Walk .pdf