Stay up to date with the League for Innovation in the Community College by visiting their website for this month’s League Connections. December highlights include:
- Leadership Abstracts: Why Traditional Placement Testing is Being Replaced by Multiple Measures.
- Learning Abstracts: The Soft Side of Retention: Ways to Engage with Community College Students and Develop their Best Possible Selves.
- Innovation Showcase: Combining a Fifth Year of High School and First Year of College: Creating a Win-Win-Win for Students, School District, and Community College.
- Call for Manuscripts: The League maintains an open call for manuscripts for its monthly digital publications, “Leadership Abstracts,” “Learning Abstracts,” and “Innovation Showcase.” The editorial staff invites community college educators to share effective, innovative practices, processes, strategies, and programs with the field through brief articles (1,500 to 2,000 words). Visit the post link below for prospective author guidelines.
- Awards: John and Suanne Roueche Excellence Awards Celebrate Outstanding Faculty and Staff – December 8 Deadline; Innovation of the Year Awards Honor Creativity and Ingenuity at Your College.
- Member Spotlight: Responding to Workforce Needs: Columbia Gorge Community College Leads the Way in Rural Oregon; Heartland Community College’s Cornerstone Project: Developing a Meaningful Gen Ed Outcomes Assessment Culture; North Iowa Community College’s Entrepreneur for a Day.
- iStream Sneak Peek: STEMtech 2012: Leland D. Melvin Keynote Presentation.
- Featured Video: STEMtech 2012: Leland D. Melvin, Associate Administrator, Education, at NASA explores how educators can help ensure that students overcome failure in this excerpt from his keynote presentation.
- Check out upcoming events, resources, and opportunities from the League’s partners and friends.
- And more!
For the complete post, go to: https://www.league.org/publication/leagueconnections/LC201212.cfm?utm_source=2012_12+League+Connections&utm_campaign=December+2012+League+Connections&utm_medium=email.
Susan M. Salvador
Vice President, Student Services