A friendly reminder that nominations for the Outstanding WAC Faculty Award are due by Wednesday, April 8! Details are as follows:
The WAC Steering Committee realizes that the WAC Program’s success at MCC is due not just to its mission, but to the hundreds of faculty who design their courses to be Writing Intensive (WR). Their dedication and devotion to teaching WR courses has invigorated the WAC Program and proven that teaching through writing is a viable pedagogical tool in aiding students to learn course material. Each year the WAC Steering Committee honors one such teacher who has made great contributions to the development of WAC at MCC. This award is called the Outstanding WAC Faculty Award. All members of the MCC faculty (full- and part-time) are eligible for consideration through nomination.
The awardee is chosen on the basis of documented outstanding WAC instruction including, but not limited, to:
· The use of innovative writing assignments that accomplish the Writing Across the Curriculum Program objectives (see https://www.monroecc.edu/depts/wac/wac_obj.htm)
· Promotion of WR courses and the WAC Program to other faculty and students
· Participation in WAC activities
The WAC Steering Committee is now accepting nominations for the academic year 2014/15. Please consider nominating a colleague who you feel deserves such recognition for his or her promotion of the WAC mission and program.
The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, April 8, 2015.
The nomination packet must include the following materials:
1. One letter of recommendation justifying the nominee’s suitability for the award. (One may nominate oneself for the award but must still produce a letter of recommendation.)
2. A copy of at least three of the nominee’s writing assignments (and samples of student work, if possible).
3. A statement from the nominee explaining why and how student writing is important to his or her teaching.
Please send materials, preferably electronically, to HYPERLINK <"mailto:email@example.com"> or through interoffice mail to Amy Burtner, Interim WAC Coordinator, 5-535, English/Philosophy Department.
After review of the nomination packets, the WAC Steering Committee will select a winner, who will receive a framed certificate and a plaque on Employee Recognition Day.