The League for Innovation in the Community College’s iStream focus this month is on community college global learning for worldwide markets.
- Innovator Spotlight: You are invited to attend the Second Annual Innovator Spotlight Virtual Event honoring the League’s outstanding innovations and the 2011 Innovation of the Year Award winners. These innovations represent significant achievements at member colleges and the continuing renewal of the spirit of innovation and experimentation upon which the League was founded. In collaboration with Teaching Colleges and Community (TCC) and Learning Times, join in on February 15, 2012, for this exciting, one-day, online event for just $75 per person – with a maximum of only $400 for full college registration.
- Project Highlight: Anne Arundel Community College sparks international interest with the Global Giving Market.
- Partner Spotlight: Rio Salado College partners with Pearson to offer students textbook bargains.
- Conference Presentations: The 2011 STEMtech Conference keynotes are posted and ready for viewing.
- Publications: Check out “The Nature of Innovation in the Community College.”
- Innovative Educators: Don’t miss Leadership Development for Students – “How to be an Effective Leader in a Changing World.”
- Ten Questions: Andy Meyer, Vice President for Learning at Anne Arundel Community College, shares the development and success of AACC’s Global Giving Market.
To log into iStream, go to <https://www.league.org/iStream> and follow the directions in the “Create an Account” area. (You may need to scroll over to the right as the log-in information is at the top right side of the page.)
Susan M. Salvador
Vice President, Student Services