MCC Daily Tribune
Downtown Campus Parking - Saturday, August 17 Road Closures for Puerto Rican Festival Parade
The 50th Annual Puerto Rican Festival will be held Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, August 16 - 18, 2019 at the Frontier Field VIP parking lot.
FESTIVAL PARADE: The Puerto Rican Festival parade will take place on Saturday, August 17 and will affect travel and parking at the Downtown Campus from 10:45 am - 1:00 pm.
The parade begins at 11:00 am at Liberty Pole Way and Franklin St. Those streets will close at 8:00 am until approximately 12:00 pm for parade participants to gather. The parade will travel west on Main St., north on Plymouth Ave., west on Morrie Silver Way.
The following Downtown Campus area roads will close on Saturday, August 17 at 10:45 am, and will re-open at approximately 1:00 pm once the parade has passed and the Rochester Police Department has determined it is safe to do so:
- West Main St. in the area of Plymouth Ave.
- Plymouth Ave. from Main St. to Morrie Silver Way
- Morrie Silver Way disbandment.
The parade is scheduled to last approximately one hour.
STATUS OF MCC PARKING LOTS on Saturday, August 17 2019:
MCC Parking Lot AA (located directly across Morrie Silver Way from the pedestrian entrance to the Downtown Campus)
- Parking Lot AA IS open for MCC students, employees, and visitors coming to the campus.
- Parking Lot AA IS NOT open for festival parking.
- On Saturday, August 17, persons coming to the MCC Downtown Campus will not be able to enter Lot AA at the Plymouth Ave. or Morrie Silver Way entrances from 10:45 am until approximately 1:00 pm due to parade road closings. If you park in Lot AA prior to 10:45 am, you will be able to exit Lot AA all day using the Morrie Silver Way exit and making a right (eastbound) turn and drive to State St.
- Alternative parking during the parade on Saturday, August 17 (10:15 am-1:00 pm) is Kodak Lot D using the Brown St. entrance (please refer to attached map).
MCC Parking Lot BB (located on State St. - employee parking lot)
- Open for MCC employee parking throughout the weekend and during the time of the parade.
MCC Parking Lot CC (located across Morrie Silver Way from Frontier Field - MCC student, employee, and visitor parking)
• Open for MCC parking and festival parking throughout the weekend. Enter the parking lot through the Brown St. entrance to Kodak Lot D, per attached map.
• If you are attending a class or event at the Downtown Campus, please advise the parking attendant.
- Employees assigned to parking spaces in the underground garage will not be able to enter the garage from 10:45 am until about 1:00 pm due to Morrie Silver Way and Plymouth Ave. being closed for the parade. Vehicles parked prior to 10:45 am will be able to exit the garage onto State St.
- Alternative parking during the parade (Saturday, August 17 from 10:15 am-1:00 pm) is Kodak Lot D using the Brown St. entrance (please refer to attached map).
IMPORTANT: If you drive to the Downtown Campus when area roads are closed for the parade (10:45 am to approximately 1:00 pm), please park in Kodak Lot D using the Brown St. entrance.
Friday, August 16: 12 pm - 11pm
Saturday, August 17: 12 pm - 11pm
Sunday, August 18: 12 pm - 7:30 pm
For additional information on the Puerto Rican Festival, please refer to the Puerto Rican Festival website at www.prfestival.com.
Please refer to Puerto Rican Festival Parade Route and MCC Parking.pdf to view a map of the parade route and MCC alternative parking.
Public Safety Officers and Parking Attendants will be in the area to assist you. If you have any questions, please contact Public Safety at (585) 292-2912.
Puerto Rican Festival Parade Route and MCC Parking.pdf