This summer has brought more construction to our Brighton Campus than many of us have seen in a long time. Along with the many repair and improvement projects that normally take place in the summer and the continuation of the window replacement work, the campus’ “new look” is beginning to take shape. Projects have been designed to improve traffic flow; provide safety features for our students, employees, and visitors; and enhance the appearance of the campus.
While some construction activities will be completed before the fall semester begins, others such as the Campus Drive and Monroe Loop projects are ongoing.
· A new bus loop and bus stop are now in front of the R. Thomas Flynn Campus Center.
· Windows have been replaced in the Spina Administration Building and Bldgs. 6, 7, 8, 10 and 21.
What’s in progress?
· With the closing of the Monroe Loop, visitor parking has been temporarily relocated to Lot C.
· Temporary information desks have been set up in the lobby of Bldg. 5 and in the Flynn Campus Center Atrium.
· Designated cell phone waiting spaces will be available in Lot M.
What’s in the future?
· New visitor and administration parking lots will be located adjacent to the campus green.
· The East Henrietta Road bus stop will be relocated adjacent to Lot A off Campus Drive; bus service at this site is anticipated to begin 1/2/14. A bus shelter will also be placed there for riders wishing to wait outside.
· A bus waiting room will be set up in the lobby of Bldg. 5.
· The new front entrance to the college will feature an attractive campus green and staircases to an enlarged patio leading to second-floor access to the Spina Administration Building.
· A roundabout to assist with traffic flow will be added at the intersection of Brighton-Henrietta Town Line Road and Campus Drive during the summer of 2014.
· Work to expand Bldg. 21 is slated to begin in September, where the Public Safety Department will be moved.
· A new Veterans Memorial will be constructed in the south courtyard this fall.
I would again like to thank the college community for their continued patience as we strive to make our Brighton Campus safer, more welcoming and more attractive.
Heze Simmons, CFO and Vice President
Farewell to Front Loop_cr.12.0 Bus_8-19-13.pdf