MCC Daily Tribune
Information Session - Charting the Course: Monroe Community College's 2017-2021 Strategic Plan
The Support Staff Planning Council would like to invite you to join us for this informative session on:
Charting the Course: Monroe Community College's 2017-2021 Strategic Plan
Tuesday, October 31, 2017 from 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. in the Empire Room
Please RSVP by the end of the day on Friday, October 27 to email@example.com
MCC's new Strategic Plan officially rolled out September 1, 2017 and our own Valarie Avalone, Director, Office of Institutional Planning, Effectiveness, and Accountability will help to better acquaint you with the importance of the Strategic Plan and to answer a number of questions you may have, such as:
- While higher education institutions are required by their accreditor's to have a strategic plan, how does that impact the work you do?
- What happens after the Plan is adopted?
- What are Key Performance Indicators?
- How is the Plan monitored? Who is responsible?
- How do I know if progress is being made?
- How does the work done by my department contribute to the progress of the Plan?
Ms. Avalone holds a masters in Adult Education from Buffalo State College and a bachelors in Organizational Development from Roberts Wesleyan College. She is a trainer/facilitator for the Planning Institute for the Society of College and University Planning and served on their Board of Directors as At-Large Director with Expertise in Community Colleges. Additionally, she has received certificates in Institutional Effectiveness and Change and in Leadership and Development. She is a member of the High Falls EcoDistrict Critical Team and served on the City of Rochester's Stakeholder Advisory Committee for their Climate Action Plan and on the Steering Committee for the Sustainable Developers' Guide.
Support Staff Planning Council