MCC Daily Tribune
New York Campus Crunch at MCC
On Wednesday, October 24, college campuses across the state will take a collective "crunch" into New York grown apples, demonstrating support for food grown by local farmers. New York is the second largest apple-producing state in the U.S., averaging 29.5 million bushels annually that include 19 of the most popular varieties.
Sodexo, supported by the MCC Sustainability Steering Committee, will be participating in Campus Crunch today by offering:
- Roast Pork Loin with Apple Chutney
- Spiced Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Glazed Carrots/Fried Cabbage & Apples
- Apple Desserts (TBD) Apple Crisp, Apple Pie, Apple Cobbler
- Samples of Mayer Brothers Apple Cider
- And 4-6 varietals of NYS Apples
Stop by the Marketplace today and enjoy some home-grown deliciousness!
Chair, MCC Sustainability Steering Committee