MCC Daily Tribune
Call for Nominations: MCC Award for Excellence in Professional Service
The Faculty Senate Professional Development Committee is currently accepting nominations for the MCC Award for Excellence in Professional Service.
The MCC Award for Excellence in Professional Service is the highest service award granted by Monroe Community College. Its purpose is to honor the high achievement, leadership, and innovation of an individual in more of a non-teaching role who demonstrates: achievements well beyond the job description; adaptability to institutional needs; professional recognition, achievements, and service; innovation and initiative; & professional leadership.
Nominations are due via email to Judi Salsburg Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 12pm on March 21, 2022. Cover pages are available on the Faculty Senate's Blackboard Page in the Awards, Professional Leaves, and Professional Development Events section. Below is additional information on the MCC Award for Excellence in Professional Service. Please submit award nominations as Microsoft Word documents.
The MCC Award for Excellence in Professional Service:
This is the highest service award granted by Monroe Community College. Its purpose is to honor the high achievement, leadership, and innovation of an individual in more of a non-teaching role who demonstrates:
- Achievements well beyond the job description
- Adaptability to institutional needs
- Professional recognition, achievements, and service
- Innovation and initiative
- Professional leadership
- Those eligible for the Professional Service Award must be administrators, counselors, librarians, professional staff, or MCC tenured faculty members for whom classroom instruction is less than 1/2 their normal annual workload. Eight or more years of service at MCC are required.
- Members of the Professional Development Committee, previous recipients, and the Vice Presidents and President of the College are not eligible for any of the awards.
- A candidate for any award must be nominated by two (2) members of the College community (MCC faculty, MCC employees, MCC students). Candidates may not nominate themselves.
- Members of the College community may nominate or second the nomination of only one person for any award.
Nomination packets - should not exceed 20 pages and must include all required materials to be considered:
- Cover page with name, rank/title, and years of service at Monroe Community College of the individual being nominated.
- 2 page nomination letter from each nominator.
- 1-2 page current CV/resume.
- 2 page Executive Summary of last three Annual Faculty Development Reports.
- Three support letters. These support letters can be from department chairs, deans, colleagues, and/or students. These letters should indicate, as specifically as possible, how the individual has gone above and beyond their job responsibilities.
- Support materials to strengthen the nomination:
- Documentation of consistent, superb performance related to exceeding their job description, adaptability, professional recognition/achievements/service, innovation, initiative, professional leadership
Judi Salsburg Taylor