MCC Daily Tribune
Reminder: Nominations for John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Award Due November 3
Call for Nominations: John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Award
The Professional Development Committee of the Faculty Senate is accepting nominations for the John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Award.
The John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Award is for full-time staff, administration or tenured faculty with 7 or more years of service at MCC. Nominees are those who have demonstrated superb leadership through innovation, professionalism, service to students, and the college and beyond.
Nomination packets should be submitted to Joe Scanlon (firstname.lastname@example.org) via email by 12:00pm on November 3, 2017. Below is more information on eligibility, nominations, and nomination packets. The required cover letter for nomination packets is attached to this announcement.
The John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Award is designed to honor those who have, in some way, demonstrated superb leadership and innovation in higher education in such a way as to permanently affect the college's operation in a substantive, measurable manner.
Eligibility - All full-time staff, administration, or tenured faculty are eligible. Either individuals or groups may be nominated, but each individual, or individual group member, must have 7 or more years of service at MCC.
Candidates with less than 7 years of service at MCC (as a full time member of the college), previous recipients, and the president of the college are not eligible.
Nominations - It is the responsibility of the nominator to compile the nomination packet, with all required materials, and submit the nomination packet to the Faculty Senate Professional Development Committee Chairperson before the deadline.
As you write and assemble the nomination packages, please choose those materials and supporting data that demonstrate outstanding accomplishments in leadership through:
- service to students
- service to the college
- service to the larger Rochester community
Make sure the packet indicates how the candidate demonstrates a pattern of consistent performance and commitment over time (based on activity reports).
Also ensure the packet illustrates that the candidate's activity has contributed to student success.
Nomination packets - should not exceed 18 pages and must include all required materials to be considered:
- Cover page, provided below, with name, rank/title, and years of service at Monroe Community College of the individual being nominated.
- 2 page nomination letter.
- 1-2 page current CV/resume.
- 2 page Executive Summary of last three Annual Faculty Development Reports.
- No less than two, and no more than three support letters. These support letters can be from department chairs, deans, colleagues, and/or students. They may also be from individuals outside the MCC community. These letters should indicate, as specifically as possible, how the individual has gone above and beyond their job responsibilities. It is the responsibility of the nominator to gather these letters.
- Documentation of innovation, service, and leadership (news articles, programs, press releases, web pages, etc.)
- Nomination packets should be submitted to Joe Scanlon (email@example.com) via email by 12:00 noon on November 3, 2017.
World Languages and Cultures