The World Languages and Cultures Department is pleased to announce the Summer 2016 Study Abroad Program in Spain, in association with EF International Language Centers. Through this exciting opportunity, students will be able to experience a four-week Spanish language and culture program in Málaga, on the Mediterranean coast of Southern Spain.
Departure – June 5, 2016
Return – July 2, 2016
- 5-credit Spanish language and culture course at the EF International Language School in Málaga, with 26 lessons per week
- Digital learning media and academic materials included
- Twin room with a carefully selected local host
- Breakfast and dinner Monday-Friday, and all meals on weekends
- Free wi-fi internet access at the EF School
- Placement and progress tests, with course completion Certificate
- Weekend trip to Madrid
- Many activities (horseback riding, flamenco lessons, cultural visits, etc.) and optional organized tours to Morocco, Córdoba, Gibraltar, Seville, etc.
APPROXIMATE COST: $4,500
The price includes all the items listed under Program Features, plus health, travel and cancellation insurance, and roundtrip airport transfers. Please note that the final amount may vary depending on airfare and airport related fees.
Participants in this program must enroll in SPA 221 (Hispanic Culture on Location), 3 credit hours, in the spring semester 2016. The class meets on Wednesdays from 5:30 to 6:50 PM and it starts on March 2, 2016. There is no language prerequisite. At the conclusion of this program, students will have earned 8 academic credits.
ABOUT MALAGA and EF INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE CENTERS
Málaga is the birthplace of Pablo Picasso, and its Mediterranean beaches and palm-lined boulevards make an inspiring backdrop for Spanish studies. The school is located in an intimate, Mediterranean villa-style building just a short walk from a famous beach lined with restaurants and shops. EF (Education First), based in Boston, provides personalized and comprehensive language instruction, and its high standards are recognized worldwide. The credits earned at the EF International Language School are fully transferable to MCC.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you are interested in this unique study abroad opportunity, contact Prof. Louis Silvers at: <"mailto:Lsilvers@monroecc.edu
"> or Prof. Steve Farrington at: <"mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
"> or attend one of the following informational sessions:
February 8 – 3:30 – 4:30 – 6-325
February 10 – 12:00 – 1:00 – 6-325
February 22 – 5:00 – 6:00 – 6-325
February 24 – 12:00-1:00 – 6-325