Monroe Community College Association Inc.
Faculty Advisor to the MCC Student Government Association (MCC SGA)
Reports to: Director, Office of Student Life and Leadership Development
Stipend: $3500.00 per academic year
The Faculty Advisor to the MCC SGA is an essential position in the advising structure of the Brighton Campus Student Government.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
In conjunction with Office of Student Life and Leadership Development Advisors to the MCC SGA:
· Works with students to set short and long-term goals for the MCC SGA;
· Attends all official meetings of the MCC SGA – every Tuesday from 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. and every Friday from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. in the fall and spring semesters and at least one meeting per month in June, July and August and emergency meetings as necessary;
· Attends weekly meetings of the Executive Board and Office of Student Life and Leadership Development Advisors; Assists in the development and implementation of training for students in the MCC SGA;
· Assists in the development and implementation of training for students in the MCC SGA;
· Advises students regarding college and MCC Association, Inc. policies and procedures;
· Assists students in understanding and applying Parliamentary Procedure (according to Roberts’ Rules of Order);
· Attends MCC SGA events as appropriate;
· Occasionally travels to conferences/workshops as Advisor to MCC SGA members.
The Faculty Advisor must be a member of the teaching faculty at the Brighton Campus or the Applied Technologies Center. A solid working knowledge of Parliamentary Procedures is highly desirable.
Office of Student Life and Leadership Development