MCC Daily Tribune
TCC: The Winter Teaching Institute is Today!
The 2021 Winter Teaching Institute is Today, January 13, 2021!
How to Access the Sessions:
- Morning WTI Sessions: If you RSVPed and registered for one of the morning WTI sessions, please check your email for Zoom information. Emails were sent out Tuesday 1/12/21 from Erin Strobl.
- Afternoon Open House: If you would like to attend the afternoon Open House sessions, please see the attached document for Zoom information and session abstracts. Drop-in’s are welcome for Open House sessions.
WTI Blackboard page:
Please check out the Winter Teaching Institute 2021 page on The TCC Blackboard prior to tomorrow’s sessions. To access the page from the link, you will need to be logged into Blackboard. You will find many additional resources, a discussion board, and handouts for the sessions. I would also like to draw your attention to two welcome videos available on Blackboard:
- The first is a welcome video from Kate Douglas, Interim President welcoming attendees to the Winter Teaching Institute.
- The second video is from Amy Burtner, Acting TCC Coordinator, delivering some opening remarks to recognize that this is a Winter Teaching Institute unlike all others we’ve hosted . A transcript of Amy’s statement is attached.
Live WTI Zoom Sessions - Small Teaching for Equity-Minded Educators (RSVP required)
- 10:15 – 11:15
- Presentation 1 – Small Teaching Strategies for a Big Online Impact
- Presentation 2 – Motivation: Building an Equitable Learning Community
- 11:30 – 12:30
- Presentation 3 – The Little Things: Building Connections Remotely
- Presentation 4 - Taking an Asset-Based Approach in Advisement and the Classroom
- Presentation 5 - Diversity in STEM: Using Scientist Spotlights to Foster Inclusion and Enthusiasm
Afternoon Open House – Learn about services and initiatives at MCC (Drop ins welcome)
- 1:00 – 2pm: High-Impact Practice (HIP) Course Designations at MCC: Information Session (1:00 – 1:30pm) and Q and A (1:30 – 2:00pm)
- 1:00 – 1:30pm: Check Us Out: Remote Teaching with the MCC Libraries
- 2:00 – 2:30pm – Resources for Your Students (Panel)
- 3:00 – 3:30pm: Q & A with the Virtual Campus Team
If you have any questions about the WTI, please email Erin Strobl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A special thank you to those who helped plan this event: Michael Britton, Amy Burtner, Diane Clements, Rick Costanza, Betty Mandly, Eileen Radigan, Erin Strobl, Jason Szymanski, Mary Timmons
(Internal only; employees must log in to view.)
Afternoon Open House Abstracts and Zoom Information.pdf