The League for Innovation in the Community College is accepting proposals to present at the Innovations 2012 Conference, March 4-7, 2012, in Philadelphia, PA, hosted jointly by the Community College of Philadelphia, Bucks County Community College, and Montgomery County Community College.
IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOTE THAT YOU NEED TO SUBMIT YOUR PRESENTATION PROPOSAL TO YOUR DIVISIONAL VICE PRESIDENT FOR APPROVAL PRIOR TO SENDING IT TO THE LEAGUE. PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL TO YOUR VICE PRESIDENT BY MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2011. Following review, you will be notified of your proposal status to allow sufficient time to submit your proposal to the League by their end-of-September deadline.
Innovations 2012 is the premier event for professionals dedicated to improving teaching and learning, and discovering new approaches for enhancing the community college experience. The conference provides a tremendous forum for collaboration among academic experts and leading community college professionals, while granting participants exclusive access to the most inventive and thought-provoking programs from around the world.
Innovations 2012 provides opportunities for colleagues to showcase their model programs, share lessons learned, and look to the future by experiencing a wide array of new ideas through the Conference Streams:
- Learning and Teaching
- Leadership and Organization
- Workforce Preparation and Development
- Student Services and Activities
- Basic Skills and Developmental Education
- Resource Development and Foundation Management
- Research, Assessment, and Accountability
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Open Educational Resources
The 2012 conference will feature:
- Engaging keynote speakers discussing critical issues facing community college educators
- Forums, Special Sessions, Roundtable Discussions, and Poster Sessions
- Learning Center Courses - three- and six-hour intensive workshops granting Certificates of Completion
- 24-hour Email and Internet Lab
- An extensive exhibition featuring educational products and services
- The opportunity to exchange ideas with hundreds of colleagues during receptions and refreshment breaks
For more information, visit the League at: https://www.league.org/i2012/ .
Susan M. Salvador
Vice President, Student Services