MCC Daily Tribune
Starfish Announcement: New Progress Survey Opening Soon!
Thank you to all faculty who participated in the Midterm Progress Survey in October! Faculty raised over 2400 kudos and 900 flags for over 1900 students as a result of this survey! The comments on these alerts inform students on their progress as well as the School Specialists and Success Coaches who work with them and respond to their flags.
The final Starfish survey of the semester opens this Wednesday: The Kudos Survey will be open from November 11 through December 2. Faculty participation in the Kudos Survey is optional. There are no flags or outreach requested items available on The Kudos Survey - it is intended to provide faculty an opportunity to communicate a variety of positive messages to their students in the final weeks of the semester.
As with all Starfish surveys, the Kudos Survey will be delivered to faculty via email. The following items will be available in the Kudos Survey for faculty to raise for students:
- Showing Improvement! Raise this kudo to commend a student whose hard work is improving their performance in your class.
- You Rock! Raise this kudo to acknowledge a student's outstanding performance in your class.
- Great Participation! Raise this kudo to acknowledge a student's positive contributions in class discussions.
- Overcoming Adversity. Raise this kudo to acknowledge a student's perseverance in the face of adversity. (Comments Required)
- Thank You. Raise this kudo for a student whose performance or behavior has helped in achieving your desired outcomes for the class. (Comments Required)
- Recommendation for the Honors Program. Raise this referral to recommend students for the honors program. (Comments Required)
The Kudos Survey has been proven to be a popular one with our faculty. We hope it continues to promote connections with MCC students in an optimistic, encouraging context.
Thank you in advance for your participation!