MCC Daily Tribune
Seeds of Success Workshop
If you need to improve your study skills, if you get nervous on exams, or if you feel overwhelmed by the demands placed upon your time, you are encouraged to attend, free of charge, a Seeds of Success (SOS) workshop at Monroe Community College, hosted by Counseling and Disability Services. Students who have participated in SOS workshops in the past have demonstrated reduced test anxiety as well as improved study habits and academic achievement.
The next Workshop date is: Thursday, December 3rd, from 3-4:30pm.
In one 90-minute session, students who are willing to participate will learn:
- How to relax during exams and focus on the questions that are asked.
- Study skills techniques.
- How to manage and budget time.
- Test sophistication: knowing how to take different types of examinations.
- How to set and evaluate goals.
- Strategies used to increase motivation.
- Tips for promoting positive mental health and coping.
You do not need to bring anything with you to the workshop; it will be held virtually this semester.
Zoom link to join: https://monroecommunity.zoom.us/j/84789110059?pwd=c1B0aGN2UUxGckNnK2lQOHhzelhnQT09
Seeds of Success Fall 2020 Flyer (002).pdf
Counseling Center & Disability Services