MCC Daily Tribune
Final Spring Semester Seeds of Success Workshop Thursday, 4/8
If your students need to improve their study skills, they report getting nervous on exams, or they express feeling overwhelmed by the demands placed upon their time in college, we encourage you to invite them to attend, free of charge, a Seeds of Success (SOS) workshop at Monroe Community College. SOS workshops have been hosted virtually by the Counseling Center and Disability Services office throughout the Spring 2021 semester. Students who have participated in SOS workshops in the past have demonstrated reduced test anxiety as well as improved study habits and academic achievement.
In one 90-minute session, students who are willing to participate will learn:
- How to relax during exams and focus on the questions that are asked
- Study skills techniques
- How to manage and budget time
- Test sophistication: knowing how to take different types of examinations
- How to set and evaluate goals
- Strategies used to increase motivation
- Tips for promoting positive mental health and coping
Final Spring semester workshop date/time and login information is as follows:
Thursday, 4/8, from 3:30-5:00pm
If you are interested in offering an extra credit incentive for students to attend, please reach out to email@example.com and we would be happy to work with you. Thank you in advance for helping us spread the word about this workshop!
Counseling Center & Disability Services