MCC Daily Tribune
Exciting prizes for this Saturday's (6/20/20) Virtual AHA Heart Walk and Run Donations!
The MCC team is looking forward to the virtual American Heart Association Heart Walk and Run 2020, which will be held this Saturday, June 20. MCC is a proud sponsor of the walk.
Please join us! You can participate by donating to the MCC team or by walking or running in a place of your choosing with your own team of friends and family. Just remember to practice safe, social distancing.
There are some exciting prizes for MCC heart walk donations!
For every $25 increment that you pledge, you are eligible to win gift cards to places including Phillips European, Tops, Parkleigh, the MCC bookstore, and some fun sports attire from MCC Athletics. So for a pledge of $25, you are eligible to win one prize; for a pledge of $50, you are eligible for two prizes, and so forth.
How to participate?
- To donate, go to the MCC Tribunes AHA Homepage at https://www2.heart.org/site/TR/?team_id=552559&pg=team&fr_id=4958</ li>
- To walk or run for free in a setting of your choice, register your team at the same link above.
- If you are walking or running, aim for a 5K (3.1 mile) walk or run. The goal for completion is by 5 pm on Saturday, June 20.
- Please be sure to snap a selfie or video on your walk and post it to your favorite social media channels using #ROCHeartWalk and #ROCHeartRun
How does a virtual event work?
Join a full roster of fun Heart Walk activities online on Saturday, June 20, at https://www.facebook.com/events/545236386426331/
Heart Walk and Run Program
9:00 a.m. - Opening Ceremony
- National Anthem
- 2020 Heart Walk & Run Chair Message
- 2021 Chair Announcement
- Lifestyle Change Award Winner Announced
- Heart Run Chair
9:30 a.m. - Begin Heart Walk & Run in your neighborhood
Fun family friendly activities all day:
- Social Media Engagement- Selfies and Videos
- Hydration Stations
- Virtual Wellness Expo & Women's Health Expo
- Salute to Survivors
- Virtual Tribute Wall
- Kids Zone Virtual Activities
Thanks for your support! Stay safe, and have fun!