MCC Daily Tribune
New COIL Opportunities For Summer And Fall 2020
Are you interesting in working with an international colleague? COIL may be for you! Collaborative Online International Learning is an opportunity to work with international colleges and universities and engage our students in cross-cultural projects through synchronous and asynchronous platforms.
Now that students are distance learning across the globe, this may be the right time to try COIL! Here are some upcoming events and opportunities:
1. COIL Partnering Fair on May 6 - Survey due on Friday, May 1. Find a potential international partner by filling out the survey here.
(This does not commit you to COIL. You can "window shop" for a partner and see what possibilities are out there for you.)
2. SUNY Summer COIL Commons - We are looking for faculty to develop content for a summer global OER AND/OR teach a summer COIL commons course in digital storytelling AND/OR the UN Sustainable Development Goals. You will be working for a partner SUNY campus and directly with an international non-governmental organization. These positions are stipend/paid opportunities.
3. Fall Mini-COIL - Want to have an international classroom drop into your class for a short cultural exchange? Try a mini-COIL for two - three weeks.
4. Full semester COIL - Are you ready for a full semester, COIL exchange? Projects and presentations can by synchronous or asynchronous for 6 - 8 weeks.
5. See the SUNY COIL Center calendar here. There is a Virtual COIL conference on May 29 from 10 am - 1 pm. I will include more information in the Trib as it develops.
For more information or if you have any questions, please email Christina Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope to see you all (in real life) soon.
Global Education & International Services