Due to the large number of proposals that the Curriculum Committee is reviewing and processing for approval, the Curriculum Office will be publishing the usual weekly postings for faculty review as an attachment for the next several weeks. Please open the attached document to review specific current Curriculum Committee recommendations.
This week, postings for Faculty Review until February 21, 2017 include:
• 1 Course Deactivation
• 49 Courses for SUNY General Education, including:
• 6 Arts (SUNY-A)
• 6 American history (SUNY-AH)
• 25 Foreign Language (SUNY-FL)
• 1 Natural Science (SUNY-NS)
• 8 Social Science (SUNY-SS)
• 3 Western Civilization (SUNY-WC)
• 21 Courses for MCC General Education, including:
• 7 Speaking (MCC-BCO)
• 13 Global Understanding (MCC-GLO)
• 1 Values and Ethics (MCC-VE)
Please note that all courses approved for SUNY General Education also qualify for related MCC General Education Learning Outcomes automatically. For these proposals, the MCC General Education component does not require separate approval by the faculty.
Proposals for MCC General Education listed above (and attached) are included for faculty review because faculty are proposing to qualify these courses separately for the listed general education outcomes.
Curriculum & Program Development
TRIBUNE POSTING 2-7-17.docx