MCC Daily Tribune
Don't Miss the Virtual AHA Heart Walk and Run June 20th
Heart disease never stops, so the AHA Heart Walk and Run will go on, but virtually so we can keep our community safe. MCC is a proud sponsor of the Heart Walk, which will be held on Saturday, June 20.
This is a great opportunity for the MCC community and our families to support a heartfelt community cause while staying safe. You can participate by donating to the MCC team or by walking or running in your neighborood, maintaining social distance and wearing masks.
A full roster of activities is still planned that you can join online at https://www.facebook.com /events/545236386426331/
What does going virtual mean?
- All participants are invited to join us for opening ceremonies at 9:00 am on June 20th online and then take a walk or run through your neighborhood.
- If June 20th doesn't work for you? Walk or run another time during the week or weekend that does! Goal for completion is 5:00pm on June 20th.
- Engage virtually! Join our Virtual Rochester Heart Walk & Run Facebook event page where we will post content to lead you through the event
- Please be sure to snap a selfie or video on your walk and post it to your favorite social media channels using #ROCHeartWalk</ strong> and #ROCHeartRun
9:00 a.m. - Opening Ceremony
- National Anthem
- 2020 Heart Walk & Run Chair Message
- 2021 Chair Announcement
- Lifestyle Change Award Winner Announced
- Heart Run Chair
9:30 a.m. - Begin Heart Walk & Run in your neighborhood
Activities Ongoing All Day:
- Social Media Engagement- Selfies and Videos
- Hydration Stations
- Virtual Wellness Expo & Women's Health Expo
- Salute to Survivors
- Virtual Tribute Wall
- Kids Zone Virtual Activities
Here's how you can get involved with the 2020 Virtual Heart Walk and Run:
- Donate by going to the MCC Tribunes AHA Homepage at https://www2.heart.org/site/TR/?team_id=552559&pg=team&fr_id=4958
- Walk or run for free in a setting of your choice. Aim for a 5K (3.1 mile) walk or run. No registration or donation is required, and you can register on line for free.
- Register online to walk/run with a donation at the above link to the MCC teams page.
Thanks for your support!
EDIWS - CTE