The safety of our college community is our highest priority. The arrest of an MCC resident student earlier this week may result in questions being posed to you regarding security measures in our residence halls. Please know that:
- All doors to the residence halls are locked 24 hours per day. Resident students and staff have ID cards that enable access only to their assigned residence hall.
- A camera system monitors all residence hall lobbies, hallways, parking lots and surrounding grounds with 24 hour Public Safety surveillance.
- From 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. all non-resident guests must sign into the residence hall with a resident; photo ID and sign-in to a visitor log are required. During this time, front doors of each hall are staffed by night desk attendants and Public Safety staff.
- From 8 p.m. to 11 p.m., Sunday through Wednesday, and 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., Thursday through Saturday, Resident Assistants staff the lobbies of each residence hall and perform rounds of the building.
- From 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily staff is available in the building.
- Resident Director staff offices are located right inside each building's front door.
- A Resident Director is available 24/7.
- Weekly, Resident Assistants perform health and safety checks of suites – looking for cleanliness and assessing fire alarm equipment.
- Blue light emergency telephones with direct access to Public Safety are located at the halls and across campus.
- Silent Witness (anonymous reporting program) is available to all students.
- MCC Public Safety officers are trained equivalently to municipal police officers and have law enforcement authority.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Vice President, Student Services