There is a Faculty Senate meeting on Thursday, February 11 at 3:30 p.m. in Brighton Campus Building 8, Room 200. * NOTE THE NEW LOCATION.*
The Education Initiatives and Advocacy Committee is an ad hoc committee of the Faculty Senate will be presenting. The topics discussed will be MCC’s role with SUNY Excels, the Chancellors Completion Agenda, Seamless Transfer, Open SUNY, Applied Learning, MCC Gen. Ed., and MCC Academies. If time permits, an update on Community College Councils and Badging/Micro-credentialing, as well as the New York State budget, will be given.
Monroe Community College is a dynamic learning community where access, excellence, and leadership are the College’s hallmarks. Our mission is to educate and prepare diverse learners to achieve scholarly, professional, and individual success within a local and global context. The College serves as a catalyst for innovation, economic development, lifelong learning, and civic engagement.
1. Presentation: Education Initiatives and Advocacy Committee
3. Student Announcements
4. Approval of the Minutes from the January 28, 2016 Faculty Senate Meeting
5. Action Items:
a) Curriculum Proposals:
3 Program Revisions:
2015-PR11-Fall AS Information Technology
2015-PR23-Fall AAS Public Safety Communications
2015-PR25-Fall AAS Accounting: General
6. Future Action Item (vote at March 3rd Faculty Senate Meeting):
a) Diversity & Diverse Perspectives Infused Competencies Report
7. Standing Committee Reports:
a) Curriculum Committee
8. Discussion Items:
a) Drug and Alcohol Prevention Policy & Drug Free Workplace Policy (Draft)
b) Use of College Technology Policy and Security Awareness and Education Policy (Draft)
9. Old Business
10. New Business
a) SCAA: Divisions Reorganization update
- Copies of action and discussion items can be found at the following path in the M Drive: M-Drive\Offices\Shared\Faculty Senate\February 11 Faculty Senate Meeting
- Print friendly version of the agenda attached.
- The next Faculty Senate meeting is on March 3, 2016 at 3:30 p.m. in Warshof Conference Center, R. Thomas Flynn Campus Center (Monroe B).
Senate agenda 2-11-2016.pdf