Do you know someone who wants to get a better job? A friend who is thinking about going back to college? Encourage them to attend the May 14th event: Going Back to College—What You Need to Know.
Date: May 14, 2009
Time: 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Warshof Conference Center, R. Thomas Flynn Campus Center, Monroe A and B
Monroe Community College
Free parking in Lot M
https://www.monroecc.edu/go/back2college or call 585-292-2231
Can’t make it? They can call to schedule an appointment: 585-292-2200
12 Things They’ll Learn Here…
1. Hot Monroe County careers, where the jobs are, and how to get the skills they’ll need
2. How to begin a new career (or get ahead in their current one)
3. Downsized? Where to get funding, and what to do if they’re laid off
4. Already have college or military credits? Learn how to count them towards an MCC degree
5. How to get the money to go back to school, even if they’re a part-time student
6. Creative ways to earn college credit for what they already know
7. Part-time programs to finish their associate’s or bachelor’s degree faster
8. Is online learning right for them?
9. How MCC’s free career counseling can help them uncover new possibilities (and it’s available free)
10. Scholarships especially for adult students
11. Overcoming math anxiety: MCC programs to help them succeed
12. Being nervous about going back to school is normal. MCC has resources specifically for adult students.
Adult Info Session May 14, 2009.pdf