Along with MCC Public Safety Director David Moore and Coordinator of DCC Public Safety Chris Piro, I met with the Winn Company property management personnel and with Chris Gadson, security director for Securitas Security. Securitas has replaced Wilmorite security to provide security services in the Sibley Building. Our goal is to provide seamless service between MCC and Securitas.
To that end, please be aware of the following provisions:
- Securitas will duplicate previous Wilmorite security services on the first and second floor of the building.
- The main floor security desk has been eliminated to keep guards visible and circulating. Security guards will patrol the first floor beginning at 7 a.m.
- The blue emergency phones will continue to function, connecting callers to Securitas immediately.
- A new camera and voice system is being installed on the first and second floor and in all the stair wells, as well as in alcoves at Main Street and Franklin Street. These smart cameras will have voice capability and will support the Securitas public safety presence and response. These cameras will be installed by the end of January 2013.
- DCC will maintain radio communications with Securitas and Winn Facilities. Scott Grippo will continue his duties as a member of the Winn team, continuing his excellent attention to the facilities.
- Winn has maintained the same phone number for security. Please be sure that 232-3354 is programmed into your cell phone for reference to reach Securitas.
- Chris Gadson, head of security for the Sibley Building, will join the monthly DCC Facilities meetings to ensure consistent communications.
I am very confident that the College, Winn Development, and Securitas will maintain the highest level of interaction and customer service. If you note any discrepancies, please contact Chris Piro at ext. 1750 or myself at ext. 1610.
Emeterio M. Otero
DCC Executive Dean