Do you teach or work with students in a STEM or Applied STEM related program? Do you have an idea you want to try but need funding to make it go? A Xerox Grant may be the answer. In spring 2012 Xerox made a generous gift in support of STEM related events and activities at MCC. Applications for 2014 projects are now being accepted by the Grants Office. The committees are anxious to receive proposals and will consider any idea related to STEM.
Faculty teaching in STEM and Applied STEM disciplines along with staff members supporting these areas are invited to submit applications for funding for projects. Potential projects may involve student or faculty research, development of new curriculum related to STEM, professional development that enhances faculty skill at teaching or staff skill at supporting students in the STEM disciplines, equipment that could be incorporated into a program, mentoring or tutoring programs that could assist students in STEM related programs, activities that promote the STEM disciplines to potential or current students, field trips. The possibilities are endless.
- Application forms can be found at https://www.monroecc.edu/depts/grants/grant-relatedforms.htm
- Choose the STEM Grant Application Form. The entire submission & approval process is electronic this year.
- Sign in using your MCC username and password
- Choose the “Create Form” button in the top corner and complete the electronic application form
- Deadline for submission to the Grants Office is Monday, October 14, 2013 at 5 p.m. You have time to work on your proposal.
- Grants Office personnel are available for assistance during the application process.
- Notification of awards will be made in November.
- Funding will be available in January.
- Projects are expected to be complete by December 2014 with final reports submitted by late December.
Please contact Dean Laurel Sanger, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>, or Dean Javier Ayala, <mailto:email@example.com>, with questions.
Xerox Grant Committees