MCC Daily Tribune
Library and Learning Commons are Open by Appointment!
The MCC Libraries are open for Spring 2021!
See below for answers to frequently asked questions about connecting with help at the Library or Learning Commons. Don't see your question? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit 2020-2021 MCC Libraries Updates, Resources, and Services.
When are the MCC Libraries open?
The LeRoy V. Good Library (Brighton Campus) and the Anne Kress Learning Commons (Downtown Campus) are open for Spring 2021. See our hours on the library website or the library tab on myMCC.
How do I make an appointment to visit the library or learning commons?
You must make a reservation any time that you visit the library or learning commons. You can make a reservation to use the printer, scanner, a computer, or a table, or to pick up materials.
What are you doing to protect library visitors and staff?
- Library visitors and staff are required to maintain six feet of distance from others and wear face masks.
- The number of people allowed in our spaces at one time is restricted. Access to the LeRoy V. Good Library is limited to the main floor. Access to the Anne Kress Learning Commons is limited to the left side. Seating is limited to one chair per table. Seating is limited, which is why we ask that you limit your use to two hours.
- Food and drink is not allowed. Use only the designated spaces on campus for eating and drinking.
- Plexiglass barriers are installed at the Service Desks.
- Please wipe down any computer, table surface, or equipment you use. Hand sanitizer stations, disinfectant spray bottles, and paper towels will be available in our spaces.
- Spaces will be thoroughly cleaned each evening.
How can I get library help?
Library help is available through the drop in Zoom Room, online chat, email at libraries at email@example.com, or phone at 292-2303 (Brighton Campus) or 685-6005 (Downtown Campus). You can also make an appointment to get research help from a librarian through Zoom.
Can I use public computers and printers?
Yes. If you want to use a computer to take an online or remote class, be sure to bring corded headphones. Bluetooth headphones do not work on campus computers. Our printers, scanners, and copiers will be available as well.
Can I study in the library?
Our spaces are available for individual study. Study rooms will not be available. Group study will not be permitted in order to ensure social distancing. However, you may want to make use of CircleIn, a studying app and website where students can study online together.
Can I access library books?
Members of the MCC community can borrow materials by completing this form. Library staff will retrieve the materials from the shelves and have them ready for you to pick up. Please do not come to the library or learning commons until you have scheduled a pick-up time with library staff.
How do I return library items?
- Brighton Campus: please place your library returns in the book drop located between Building 2 (LeRoy V. Good Library) and Building 11.
- Downtown Campus: please return your library materials to the Learning Commons, 4th floor.
Are course reserves available?
Reserve textbooks will be available for students to check out for use in the library or learning commons. We strongly encourage you to wash your hands before and after use. If you need a chapter or pages from a reserve textbook and are off-campus, a library staff member will provide you with access within fair use guidelines. Email us firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Stay up to date with our latest news and events. Subscribe to the MCC Libraries News.