MCC Daily Tribune
Ask a silly question: Why should you care about diabetes awareness month?
November is National Diabetes Awareness Month. Here are some reasons you should care about diabetes awareness month:
- Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease that strikes both children and adults suddenly.
- It has nothing to do with diet or lifestyle.
- There is nothing you can do to prevent it.
- And, at present, there is no cure.
Join the MCC Bicycle Club in the 2019 Tour de Cure.
There are three reasons you should join now:
1. It will never be cheaper. Registration is just $10.
2. If you commit to riding now you will have more time to train and be physically ready (the ride is not until June 8, 2019)
3. The sooner you register, the sooner you can begin fund raising. There are currently 207 days until the event. That is just 96 cents a day if you start today.
The Tour de Cure is an event like no other. It is a day where thousands of people come together to fight diabetes and support those living with the disease. This year, you can choose how to participate: You can ride, run or walk with your family and friends. If you can't be at the event, you can be a virtual participant and still join our team!
The ADA is the leading organization providing advocacy and funds for research and education. Our team's goal of $2500 will help the ADA's efforts. Please help support this important mission by joining the MCC Bicycle Club team. Bring your friends and family along for the ride. Team members do not have to have any affiliation with MCC.
Visit the team page to sign up today! (https://main.diabetes.org/goto/MCCBC)
Communications and Network Services