It's not too early to plan for Spring Break 2008! The ESOL and Foreign Languages Department at MCC invites you to enjoy a wonderful on location study opportunity in Italy. Come enjoy an unforgettable tour from Rome through Southern Italy to the beautiful island of Sicily.
FROM ROME TO SICILY
A 10-day visit to Rome, Southern Italy and Sicily
Highlights and itinerary:
· April 10 – 19, 2008 (Spring Recess) - Dates to be confirmed when the official academic calendar is published.
· Round-trip airfare
· Hotels with private bathroom and one night ferry from Rome to Palermo
· European breakfast and dinner daily
· 6 Sightseeing tours led by licensed guides in Rome, Vatican City, Pompeii, Capri, Palermo and Taormina
- Visits to special attractions: Capri island cruise, Greek Theater in Taormina, Cathedral of Palermo, Roman ruins in Pompeii, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's Basilica and the Colosseum
· Free time to explore on your own
· Option of excursions to Mount Etna and Siracusa (add $60 to price)
10 DAYS FOR ONLY $2,684
Participants in this tour must register in ITA 221 – Italian Culture On Location (3 hrs., credit or audit, no prerequisites) in the Spring Semester 2008. Single rooms are available for an additional fee. Participants younger than 25 receive a reduction of $360 with accommodation in triple rooms. Comprehensive insurance coverage (medical, cancellation, baggage loss) available for $115. The $95 lifetime registration fee and departure taxes are included in the price quoted above. The last day to enroll in this tour is December 14th, 2007.
The quoted price may increase on Sept. 1, 2007, so enroll early.
For more information, please contact Prof. Louis Silvers at HYPERLINK "mailto:Lsilvers@monroecc.edu"Lsilvers@monroecc.edu, or attend one of the informational 1-hour meetings on April 25th at Noon or at 4 PM; May 2nd at Noon; or May 9th at 4 PM. All meetings will take place in room 4-601.
ESOL and Foreign Languages