MCC Public Safety one again participated in this year’s MCC College for Kids program. Building upon a program designed and implemented in 2008 by Officer Chuck DiSalvo, MCC Public Safety has created and administered a number of youth specific safety and mentoring programs for camp attendees, as well as provided opportunities to interact with officers from MCC Public Safety and the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department. This summer’s programs included the following:
· MCC Officer “Meet and Greet” and Personal Photo with a MCC Public Safety Patrol Car
· Internet Safety Class: Safe Internet Use
· Monroe County Sheriff’s Department Officer “Meet and Greet” with K9 Dog
· McGruff the Crime Dog Coloring Contest
· Summertime Safety Class: How to be Safe during Summertime Activities
· MCC Public Safety Sponsored Kickball Game
The Public Safety Department appreciates the opportunity to work with the great staff at the Child Care Center in helping to build positive, long-term relationships with our future students taking part in the College for Kids Program. MCC Public Safety would also like to thank Mrs. Molly Cupello from the Child Care Center, the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department, the National Crime Prevention Council, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and Netsmartz (www.netsmartzkids.org) for their assistance in providing support and materials for this year’s MCC Public Safety/MCC College for Kids presentations.