MCC Daily Tribune
Final Spring Semester Seeds of Success Workshop Today, 4/8
If your students need to improve their study skills, they find themselves getting nervous on exams, or they continue to feel overwhelmed by the demands placed upon their time in college, we encourage you to invite them to attend, free of charge, a Seeds of Success (SOS) workshop at Monroe Community College. SOS workshops have been hosted virtually by the Counseling Center and Disability Services office throughout the Spring 2021 semester. Students who have participated in SOS workshops in the past have demonstrated reduced test anxiety as well as improved study habits and academic achievement.
In one 90-minute session, students who are willing to participate will learn:
- How to relax during exams and focus on the questions that are asked
- Study skills techniques
- How to manage and budget time
- Test sophistication: knowing how to take different types of examinations
- How to set and evaluate goals
- Strategies used to increase motivation
- Tips for promoting positive mental health and coping
Students who attend this final SOS workshop will have their name automatically enterred into a raffle to win a Target gift card. We hope you will help us spread the word about this event!
Workshop login information is as follows:
Today, Thursday, 4/8, from 3:30-5:00pm
Counseling Center & Disability Services