Stay up to date with the League for Innovation in the Community College by visiting their website for this month’s League Connections. July highlights include:
- Leadership Abstracts: Creating Administrative Teams: A Discussion with Community College Presidents.
- Learning Abstracts: Gap Advising: Maintaining a Presence in Common Areas of the College during the Semester.
- Innovation Showcase: Simplifying Complexity in the Student Experience: A Tool to Help Colleges Devise and Implement Relatively Low-Cost Solutions.
- Call for Manuscripts: The League maintains an open call for manuscripts for its monthly digital publications, “Leadership Abstracts,” “Learning Abstracts,” and “Innovation Showcase.” The editorial staff invites community college educators to share effective, innovative practices, processes, strategies, and programs with the field through brief articles (1,500 to 2,000 words). Visit the post link below for prospective author guidelines.
- Member Spotlight: McHenry County College – An Emergency in Higher Education: College Students Who Aren’t Ready for College; Peninsula College – Leading the Way in Training for Recycling Composites; and learn how MCC can be featured in Member Spotlight.
- Projects: Community Colleges and Public Health: Prototype Curricular Models Available for Public Comment through July 15.
- Featured Video: A Provocative Conversation About Student Access, Success, and Completion.
- Check out upcoming events, resources, and opportunities from the League’s partners and friends.
- And more!
For the complete post, go to: <https://www.league.org/publication/leagueconnections/LC201407.cfm>.
Vice President, Student Services