Stay up to date with the League for Innovation in the Community College by visiting their website for this month’s League Connections. October highlights include:
- Leadership Abstracts: NTER: An Open Source, Customized Solution to Course Creation, Cross-Institution Credit Articulation, Learning Analytics, and Business Intelligence.
- Learning Abstracts: Innovative Critical Thinking Assignments for Student Success.
- Innovation Showcase: Exit 7: A New Literary Journal at WKCTC.
- Call for Manuscripts: The League maintains an open call for manuscripts for its monthly digital publications, “Leadership Abstracts,” “Learning Abstracts,” and “Innovation Showcase.” The editorial staff invites community college educators to share effective, innovative practices, processes, strategies, and programs with the field through brief articles (1,500 to 2,000 words). Visit the post link below for prospective author guidelines.
- Awards: John and Suanne Roueche Excellence Awards Celebrate Outstanding Faculty and Staff.
- Member Spotlight: Cuyamaca College Takes the Lead in Water/Wastewater Technology and Metropolitan Community College-Kansas City Collaborates with Global IT Giant to Develop Talent.
- Featured Video: Innovator Spotlight Keynote Address: Ken Udas Discusses Online Learning.
- Check out upcoming events, resources, and opportunities from the League’s partners and friends.
- And more!
For the complete post, go to: https://www.league.org/publication/leagueconnections/LC201210.cfm?utm_source=2012_10+League+Connections&utm_campaign=October+2012+League+Connections&utm_medium=email.
Susan M. Salvador
Vice President, Student Services