MCC Daily Tribune
Prepare and E-File your Income Tax Return for Free on the Brighton or Downtown Campus
You will receive help from the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance employees to assist you with preparing and E-filing your income tax return.
BRIGHTON CAMPUS - Wednesdays - Building 11, Room 104; 1pm - 5pm (no new return will be started after 4pm). Remaining dates are: March 18; April 1 and 15.
DOWNTOWN CAMPUS - Tuesdays - Fourth Floor (4th), Room 406; 8:30am - 4:30pm (no new return will be started after 3:30pm). Remaining dates are: March 10 and 24; April 7 and 14.
Bring: (This is what you'll need to prepare your return)
• Driver's license or state-issued non-driver ID (for you and your spouse)
• Photo ID (if you do not have a driver's license or state-issued non-driver ID)
• Copy of last year's tax returns or your FAGI (Federal Adjusted Gross Income)
• Birth dates and social security numbers for you, (your spouse, and your dependents)
• Income documents - such as Form W-2, Form 1098, and Form 1099
• Healthcare statements (1095-A, 1095-B, or 1095-C)
• Supporting information for claiming tax credits
• Routing number and account number to direct deposit your refund
***No income limits for basic returns. Schedule C filers are limited to $69,000. Investment income is limited to $3,000. We can't assist with capital gains and losses above $3,000, or income and losses for real property rented 15 days or more.
If you have questions, please call the Single Stop Office: 585-685-6244
Student Services Office