MCC Daily Tribune
Join the AHA Heart Walk and Run 2020
MCC is once again a proud sponsor of the American Heart Association's Heart Walk and Run. It will be held on Saturday, April 18, at Frontier Field right next to the Downtown Campus.
This is a great opportunity for MCC students, faculty and employees and our families to get together for a heartfelt community cause. Have some fun, get some exercise, and help the community. Nearly all of us know someone who has been touched by heart disease.
MCC's Julianna Frisch, Assistant to the President for Strategic Initiatives, was shocked to discover she had a heart attack last summer. You can read Juiianna's story at https://13wham.com/health-matte rs/a-healthier-rochester/at-age-47-heart-attack-serves-as-wake-up-call-for-brock port-woman
Here's how you can get involved with the Heart Walk and Run:
- Donate by going to the MCC Tribunes AHA Homepage at https://www2.heart.org/site/TR/?team_id=552559&pg=team&fr_id=4958</ li>
- Walk or run with MCC for free. No registration or donation is required, and you can register on line for free. It's a beautiful 5K (3.1 mile) walk or run around the city of Rochester starting at 9 am. Bring your family and friends for some exercise.
- Register online to walk/run with a donation at the above link to the MCC teams page.
Thanks to the following MCC employees who are serving on this year's MCC Heart Walk and Run Committee:
- Dan Raimondo, EDIWS, Committee Chair
- Lori Bartkovich, Veteran Services
- Kelsey Bright, Academic Services
- Kaci Chiappone, Athletics
- Debra Davis, Marketing & Web
- Char Guess-Bardgues, Student Life & Leadership Development
- Alexandria Lebo, MCC Association
- Kim Nixon, Downtown Campus
- Kevin Simmons, CNS
- Tom Winslow, Campus Events