The Rochester Parent Network and the Student Events and Governance Association (SEGA) at the Damon City Campus encourages the MCC community to celebrate April as the Month of the Young Child. Sponsored by the Rochester Association for the Education of Young Children (RAEYC), the annual Month of the Young Child focuses attention on the needs of young children and their families. The emphasis for April is play, a central ingredient in a child’s development.
SEGA will showcase the celebration in many ways, including visual displays, distribution of ribbons and information on events for children and families during April. SEGA will also coordinate "guest readers" who will read to children at the Tomorrow's World Child Care Center on the first floor of the Damon City Campus.
Please stop by the SEGA table during the month and choose from the following ways to celebrate the importance of a child and family's early years:
· Wear a purple ribbon
· Pick up literature about the value of play in all of our lives
· Plan an event for you and your family from the calendar of activities
· Sign up to read to children at Tomorrow’s World Child Care Center
· Visit Marketplace Mall for Play Day on April 13
· Play with the children in your life
· Join the Rochester Parent Network
Mary Louise Musler
Rochester Parent Network