MCC Daily Tribune
Quotes That Inspire
The coronavirus has turned our worlds upside down for nearly six months--and it is far from over. While we are taking very seriously MCC's responsibility to prioritize everyone's health and safety, the last Friday in July seems like a healthy time to pause for a laugh.
"To those who are complaining about the quarantine period and curfews, just remember that your grandparents were called to war; you are being called to sit on the couch and watch Netflix. You can do this." - The HUMOR Project
Director of Community Engagement & Single Stop Peggy Harvey-Lee (Student Services - Downtown Campus) comes through for us again--inviting us to laugh and reconnect with The HUMOR Project. She reminds us that, years ago, representatives of The HUMOR Project were featured in a professional development event at MCC.
Thanks for reminding us to be lighthearted, Peggy. If you feel like pausing for a laugh, continue reading the "invitations to laugh" below compiled by Project Founder & Director Joel Goodman. The list will give you a flavor of The HUMOR Project's take on COVID-19.
Enjoy! Stay safe this weekend.
18 Invitations to Laugh in the Face of COVID-19
as adapted from The HUMOR Project's Laughing Matters e-newsletter
- Until further notice, the days of the week are now called Thatday, Otherday, Someday, Yesterday, Today, and Nextday.
- My house got toilet papered last night. It is now appraised at $875,000.
- Can we uninstall 2020 and reinstall it again?
- On the bright side, I am no longer calling this shelter-in-place. I am now an artist-in-residence.
- After years of wanting to thoroughly clean my house but lacking the time, I have now discovered that wasn't the reason.
- You're not stuck at home, you're safe at home. One word can change your attitude ... and one cough can change your life.
- Coronavirus has turned us all into dogs. We roam our home all day looking for food. We're told "no" if we get too close to strangers, and we get really excited about car rides.
- 2020 is a unique Leap Year. It had 29 days in February, 300 days in March, and 5 years in April.
- Whoever owes you money ... go to their house now. They should be home.
- If these last months have taught us anything, it's that stupidity travels faster than any virus on the planet, particularly among politicians.
- If you keep a glass of wine in each hand, you can't accidentally touch your face.
- Another Saturday night in the house and I just realized the trash goes out more than me.
- Remember all those times when you wished the weekend would last forever? Well, wish granted. Happy now?
- In 9 months, there will be a surge in births and 16 years from now we'll be calling these kids the quaranteens.
- I swear my fridge just said, "What the heck do you want now?"
- The spread of COVID-19 is based on two factors: (1) how dense the population is and (2) how dense the population is.
- I did a big load of pajamas so I would have enough clean work clothes for this week.
- My Mom always told me I wouldn't accomplish anything by lying in the bed all day, but look at me now: I'm saving the world!
Is there a quote that inspires you or helps you stay lighthearted? If so, submit it along with a brief narrative about why the quote resonates for you to PresOffice@monroecc.edu. "Quotes That Inspire" are shared with colleagues on Fridays in the MCC Daily Tribune.
Office of the President